Atlas Funds Management Pty Ltd (Atlas) is a boutique investment manager based in Sydney that focuses on generating regular income for pension phase investors and self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs). We are committed to providing consistent returns and delivering to investors exactly what is expected from our investment products.
We strongly believe that investing is a shared journey between investors who entrust us with their capital, and ourselves as the managers or stewards of that capital. Accordingly, we give our investors a high level of client communication and accessibility to the actual manager of their capital.
We see that the investment management profession is undergoing a crisis of confidence. Accordingly we adhere to the highest ethical standards as specified below. We also believe that fund managers (like chefs) “should eat their own cooking” as this aligns our interests with those of our clients, so we invest our capital together with investors under the same terms.
We are committed to running Atlas Funds Management in accordance with the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the benefit of investors, and commit to the following:
- Act with integrity, competence, diligence, respect and in an ethical manner with the public, clients, prospective clients, employers, employees, colleagues in the investment profession, and other participants in the global capital markets.
- Place the integrity of the investment profession and the interests of clients above our own personal interests.
- Use reasonable care and exercise independent professional judgment when conducting investment analysis, making investment recommendations, taking investment actions, and engaging in other professional activities.
- Practice and encourage others to practice in a professional and ethical manner that will reflect credit on ourselves and the investment profession.
- Promote the integrity and viability of the global capital markets for the ultimate benefit of society.
- Maintain and improve our professional competence and strive to maintain and improve the competence of other investment professionals.
For further information see the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
Why invest with Atlas
The two core philosophies behind Atlas are:
(1) Investment success through making fewer mistakes
Rather than chasing high return and higher risk investments, we see that superior performance and lower volatility of returns are best delivered by concentrating on avoiding mistakes or “performance torpedoes”.
(2) Smaller certain returns today are worth more than larger uncertain future returns
We prefer to invest in companies paying certain dividends today which can be distributed to investors, rather than deploying our investors’ capital in companies promising more variable returns in the future.
Not only do a portion of these future returns never materialise due to unforeseen circumstances and inflation reduces the real value of these expected returns; but significant academic literature points to investors consistently overpaying for higher future expected returns¹.
¹ N. Barberis and M. Huang, Stocks as Lotteries: The Implications of Probability Weighting for Security Prices American Economic Review vol. 98, no. 5 (December 2008) pp. 2066–2100.
Read more about our investment philosophy.
Performance and Credentials
Atlas Funds Management is built on decades of experience and solid performance in the financial markets. For more information on the performance of our funds, please see our monthly newsletter.
Learn more about our team.